Explore the spectrum of convenience services: vending to coffee services to micro markets and beyond. Learn about the trends and innovations shaping our industry.
National Vending Day
National Vending Day celebrates the vibrant vending community, spotlighting the unsung heroes that serve millions of American consumers through vending machines every year.
With a total economic impact of more than $35 billion, the convenience services industry employs over 160,000 hard-working Americans, pays $10.4 billion in wages, and contributes $3.5 billion taxes at every level of government.
From traditional vending to micro markets, self-serve retail meets the needs of over 40 million American consumers daily at work, home, school, and play. Convenience services is about meeting people's needs and providing consumer choice everywhere, any time, every day. And vending has long existed to answer this call.
How can you celebrate National Vending Day 2024?
1. Accept the #VendingDay 2024 Challenge: Share Your Vending Story on Social Media!
In honor of the 6th Annual National Vending Day, respond to the six prompts below on March 7 with six different social media posts. The #VendingDay Challenge asks you to post photos, videos, or even plain text to tell a vending story and generate excitement around the important work that convenience services professionals do every day.
- Post a photo from the early days of your company's business and share the vending origin story.
- Describe one evolution in vending that has made your job easier.
- Post a photo of your team and caption it with one thing that motivates you to deliver excellent service.
- As an industry professional, what is your go-to item to purchase from a vending machine?
- What three words would you use to describe the future of vending?
- Share a photo or video that helps demonstrate what a typical day at your vending business looks like.
Remember to tag @NAMA and #VendingDay to increase visibility of your posts.
Download the NVD Logo to use in your social media posts!
2. Recognize National Vending Day in Your State
NAMA requests gubernatorial proclamations officially recognizing National Vending Day in various states. Governors’ offices ask that proclamation requests come from a resident of their state.
Want National Vending recognized in your state? Please contact Michael Hogg, Manager, State Affairs, for more information.
3. Learn About Industry Impact From the Newly-Released Industry Census
Catch a glimpse of the future with the 2022-2023 State of Convenience Services Industry Census. Join us at 2PM ET to receive a full report led by NAMA's data partner Technomic, covering the industry's post-pandemic recovery, current insights and trends, and a 5-year forecast for vending, micro markets, office coffee service and pantry.