Advocacy in action: NAMA is the universally recognized and influential advocate of the convenience services industry.
As NAMA continues to monitor the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) we wanted to provide our community with government-issued guidance and answers to commonly asked questions about the virus.
If you have questions, we urge you to contact NAMA the Rapid Response Portal. This service will help ensure your questions are received and answered in a timely manner during this hectic and challenging time for the Convenience Services Industry.
State, Local, and Municipality Government Order Tracking
NAMA has compiled an digestible tracking system for members to easily find state and local vaccination plans, stay-at-home orders, assistance programs, and information about the orders to reopen state economies.
Essential Industry Certification Documents
Operators in states following the DHS Guidance should print the below items for their employees to keep on hand while working or during vaccination appointments.
COVID-19 Supplies Sourcing Guide
This list is a guide to help members in the convenience services industry source PPE, sanitizing products and other essential COVID-19 supplies. The list is intended to be used as a resource, only. The companies listed below are not endorsed by NAMA.
Guidance for Operators - Preparing to Reopen
As state and local governments consider more fully reopening their economies, now is the time for the convenience services industry to prepare, with a focus on supporting the health and wellness of both employees and customers. Below are best practice documents to help operators reopen safely.
Risk Mitigation Documents for Employers
Below are tools for employers developed by NAMA and its partners.
Food and Beverage Issue Alliance (FBIA)
- Positive Test Protocols – What to do if an Employee Tests Positive for Coronavirus
- Emergency Prevention Measures to Achieve Social Distancing in Food Manufacturing Facilities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Government COVID-19 Relief Programs
Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) - Navigating the Program
- SBA Coronavirus Website
- Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus
U.S Department of Treasury
Stay Informed with NAMA's On-Demand Webinars
- Pivoting for High Performance: What Operators Should be Doing Today for a Winning Tomorrow
April 30, 2020 • Recording • Presentation
- CARES Act Relief: What It Means for NAMA Members
April 2, 2020 • Recording • Presentation
Listening & Leading Recordings
Back to Business - Guidance for Re-opening Your Operation in 20 Minutes or Less
- Restoring Your Business (5/12/2020)
- Up and Running: Communicating in the time of COVID-19 (5/14/2020)
Additional NAMA Advocacy
- NAMA Urges States to Safely Reopen Breakrooms
- NAMA's President and CEO, Carla Balakgie's letter to President Trump, Senate, and House members
- Food and Beverage Industry Letter to Federal, State, and Local Officials
- Food and Beverage Industry Essential Service
Government Resources for Industry
U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Fact Sheet for Employers
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act: Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Family and Medical Leave Act: Questions and Answers
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- FDA Coronavirus 2019 Website
- FAQs regarding Food Safety and COVID-19
- Temporary Policy Regarding Preventive Controls and FSVP Food Supplier Verification Onsite Audit Requirements During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- FDA Stakeholder Call Notes and Recording
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- OSHA Coronavirus 2019 Website
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Environmental Decontamination
Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- FAQs from FMCSA Regarding Emergency Declaration
- Waiver for States, CDL Holders, CLP Holders, and Interstate Drivers Operating CMVs
- Emergency Declaration: HOS Regulatory Relief
- Expanded Emergency Declaration
Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
Coronavirus Information & Resources